Flying Blue have started a new pattern of releasing Promo Awards redemptions, on the 1st of each month instead of every other month.
This post covers those bookable between 1st-30th April 2014, for travel between 1st June – 31st July 2014. On previous occasions there have been good deals such as 50% off the air miles required for business class long haul redemptions (excluding tax). A little unfortunate though that this month has a pretty narrow choice, all in economy class. Not a single business class offering this round.
Here is the link to the promotion page. But to summarise everything quickly, I've written out the destination cities, country, operating airline, percentage discount and miles required for round trip originating from Europe:
- Aalborg, Denmark, KLM, 25% discount, 18 750 miles.
- Alesund, Norway, KLM, 25% discount, 18 750 miles.
- Bristol, United Kingdom, KLM, 25% discount, 15 000 miles.
- Leeds, United Kingdom, 25% discount, 15 000 miles.
- London (Heathrow), United Kingdom, 25% discount, 15 000 miles.
- Frankfurt, Germany, 50% discount, 10 000 miles.
Central and South America
- Paramaribo, Suriname, KLM, 25% discount, 37 500 miles.
Carribbean and Indian Ocean:
- Fort de France, Martinique (France) , Air France, 25% discount, 45 000 miles.
- Havana, Cuba, Air France, 25% discount, 45 000 miles.
- Cairo, Egypt, KLM, 50% discount, 20 000 miles.
- Cotonou, Benin, 50% discount, 25 000 miles.
I can't say I'm overly excited by the range of choice, and especially since there's not a single business class offering, but if you've never thought of going to Benin or Martinique, then maybe this promotion might divert your attention that way. If only briefly…