If you're lucky enough to be able to fly revenue fares (as opposed to award tickets) between London and Hong Kong, consider this promotion by Cathay Pacific carefully if you're not in need of elite qualifying miles or tier points on other airline programmes.
Cathay Pacific are running a promotion whereby you earn 50% bonus for your first round trip in first or business class between London and Hong Kong, but then a 250% mileage bonus. This has been going for a few months already but has remained relatively quiet in the blogging world. The promotion is valid until 31st August 2013.
I flew Cathay's new long haul business class last November and can definitely recommend the experience.
Very handily they do the maths of the promotion for you:
Here are the Terms and Conditions of the promotion (bolding my own, and my comments in square brackets):
- This offer is only applicable to members residing in the UK and Ireland. Residency is determined by the registered member's preferred mailing address. [for example if you live outside the UK&I but work for a multi-national company who have offices there, then just change your address in your Asia Miles account until you've received your points]
- This offer is only applicable to travel in fare classes F, A (First Class), J, C, D and I (Business Class). Subclasses not listed are not eligible for this offer.
- This offer is only applicable to round-trip flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific, originating in London and travelling to Hong Kong.
- Travel must commence and be completed between 1 January and 31 August 2013, inclusive.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- The 1,000 Asia Miles Joining Bonus for new members can only be earned once during the promotion period.
- The Online Booking Bonus (3,000 Asia Miles for First Class and 2,000 Asia Miles for Business Class) can only be earned once during the promotion period.
- Bonus Asia Miles will be credited to member's Asia Miles account 6 to 8 weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- Cathay Pacific reserves the right to suspend, amend or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
- Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.